Why India Should #Ban27Pesticides
Update| 13th July 2020
A Pesticide Action Network (PAN) India & PAN Asia Pacific webinar July 16 | 11:30 am India Standard Time | 2:00 pm Malaysia/Philippines
In May, the Indian government announced that it is moving to ban 27 pesticides that are linked to health and environmental harm. However, the agrochemical industry quickly moved to oppose the ban. The Indian government is set to decide in the coming weeks.
In this webinar, various experts will discuss why the banning of these 27 pesticides is doable and necessary:
- Relevance of the Pesticides Ban - Dr. Narasimha Reddy, Public Policy Expert and Consultant, PAN India.
- Hazards of 27 Pesticides - Dileep Kumar A. D. Assistant Director, PAN India.
- Pesticides Use Practices in India- Dr. Indiradevi P, Rtd. Research Director, Kerala Agriculture University.
- Agroecological Alternatives- Mr. Anoop Kumar C. P., Organic Farming and Horticulture Consultant.
- Advocacy for a Global Ban on Highly Hazardous Pesticides- Sarojeni Rengam, Executive Director, PAN Asia Pacific.
The webinar will also include a film screening of an excerpt of Young & Poisoned, a PANAP documentary on the effects of pesticides on children
Join us and help #Ban27Pesticides for a #PesticidesFreeWorld!
Register via Zoom, https://zoom.us/meeting/
or watch live via the PANAP Facebook page
We hope to see you there!
- Webinar on ‘Why India Should #Ban27Pesticides’
- भारत सरकार ने 27 कीटनाशकों पर पूर्ण प्रतिबंध लगाने का आग्रह किया
- കീടനാശിനികൾ നിരോധിക്കാനുള്ള തീരുമാനവുമായി കേന്ദ്രസർക്കാർ ശക്തമായി മുന്നോട്ട് പോകണം
- Indian government urged to push through with total ban of 27 pesticides
- Government Proposes Banning of 27 Pesticides Used in India Which are Banned In Other Countries
Agroecology AnupamVarma Commitee Report Banned Pesticides BAN Pesticides BRS COPs 2017 Climate Change Community Suffering Corporate Accountability Corporate Libility Delhi gas leack Draft Banning of Pesticides Order 2016 Fact Finding Mission Food Sovereignty Glyphosate Glyphosate ban Herbicide HHP HHPs Highly Hazardous Pesticides Indian Tea India Pesticide Ban India Pesticide Risk Inhalational Poisonings Maharashtra Association of Pesticide Poisonned Persons MAPPP Non-chemical Alternatives No pesticide Use Day Paraquat Paraquat Retailing India Paraquat Use is India Pesticide Management Bill-2017 Pesticide Menace in Yavatma Pesticide Poisoning Pesticide Poisoning in Yavatmal Pesticide Regulation Phasing out HHPs Plantation Pesticide PMB-2017 Roundup Tea Plantations UN HRC Special Rapporteur on the right to food World Soil Day Yavatmal Yavatmal Declaration Yavatmal poisoning